Friday, August 30, 2013

eating my share: instant party

Do you have a party trick? A physical talent that can wow a crowd. A story that always makes your friends laugh. How about a special food item that you're known for?

The first time I saw a block of cream cheese with pepper jelly poured on top of it, I was intrigued. It didn't look especially pretty but one taste was all the convincing I needed. It's a snack that makes people happy.

The best part about this party treat is that it's e-a-s-y. The hardest part is picking which cracker to serve with it.




Over the last few weeks, jalapeƱo and serrano peppers have been piling up from our share and the garden. Due to my previously mentioned inclination to horde food, I like to do some canning throughout the season. This often involves late nights in a hot kitchen. In the case of this hot pepper jelly, the workload is light compared to other preserves. I can still go to bed on time and ensure a winter's worth of easy party snacks! (Also worth nothing: this jelly takes grilled cheese to astronomically delicious territory.)

Looking for another way to preserve your hot peppers? Try pickling them!
Jess

1 comment:

  1. I love pepper jelly on my cheese burgers with wheat toast. Yum!

    ReplyDelete