Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CSA 2013 : week 1

And so it begins...



This week's share includes:
scallions
kohlrabi
butterhead lettuce
swiss chard
garlic scapes
eggs
hakurei turnips (a.k.a salad turnips)
kale
strawberries
bok choy
herb plant (not pictured)

Bring on the Zephyr goodies!

I developed an immediate love for Michele and her farm 3 years ago when I worked with her on Fridays harvesting for the markets. Last year I worked at the Hope Street Market proudly selling Zephyr Farm produce. This year I'm a member of the CSA and I hope you'll follow along as I document what comes straight from the fields to our plates. Having a visual of what's in the fridge is a helpful way to remember what ingredients are still waiting to be transformed into dinner.

Once I picked up my share, I started thinking of what to make for dinner...Check back later this week to see the recipes for Roasted Kohlrabi Panzanella with Bacon and Garlic Scape Dressing. Also a Frittata with Kohlrabi Greens.

Enjoy the harvest,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment