Thursday, September 1, 2011

CSA Week 12

Edamame!
Onions
Hot Peppers
Bell Peppers
Zephyr Squash
Zucchini
Pattypan Squash
Cucumbers
Bag o' Basil
Arugula
Tomatoes
Eggplant

When I peek at your shares this week I envision many delicious meals but the only thing I want to do with the Edamame is steam it, salt it, and pop it out of the pod and straight to my mouth! I highly suggest you do the same...

See if any of these ideas make you as hungry as they make me: Pepper and Eggplant Stir Fry. Ratatouille topped with a fried Zephyr Farm Egg. Zucchini Bread or Pancakes. Squash Curry. Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup. Veggie Fajitas, Burritos or Tacos. Zucchini and Tomato Salsa. Stuffed and Roasted Squash. Grilled and Marinated Onions. Pizza with Peppers, Fresh Tomato Sauce and Basil. Cucumber Salad. Tomato and Basil Bruschetta. Grilled Eggplant and Basil Sandwiches. Baked Zucchini "Fries." Pasta with this eggplant sauce, you gotta try it.

I hope you're enjoying the chance to get creative and make the most of what's fresh each week! Read below for an update by Michele about how the farm weathered the storm last weekend.

- Jess & the ZFC

No comments:

Post a Comment