Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Asian Coleslaw

Ramen Asian Coleslaw, contributed by Lisa Tarnowski

1 head of cabbage, I used Napa in mine
1 cup shredded carrots
6 onions
1 pkg top ramen, I used mushroom flavor because it appears to be vegetarian
1/2 c slivered almonds


Roast almonds at 275 for 15 - 20 mins. Cut onions including tops. Break up ramen noodles, I toasted them too with the almonds. When ready to serve, mix all together and toss with dressing:


1/2 c canola oil, I used extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 T sugar
3 T vinegar, I used apple cider but rice vinegar would be nice
1 pkt flavor mix from the ramen noodles



This coleslaw does not keep very well as the ramen noodles get a little soggy but I brought mine to a potluck and it went very fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment